When it comes to Cryptocurrency Hardware wallet, Nothing beats the popularity of Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue. These are the two best product from a France based company called Ledger SAS; Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. Headquartered in Paris, Verizon and San Francisco.
If you are interested or in the cryptocurrency world, then I strongly recommend buying a Hardwar Wallet.When you are planning to order one, you must consider what cryptocurrencies that particular hardware wallet supports.
I know, You are thinking why should you buy as you want to use it to store only Bitcoin. But I can guarantee, Once you are in the cryptocurrency, you will start to invest in other altcoins like Ethereum.Now you want to store it safely right? So it is a smart decision to buy forth.
So Before I bought Ledger Nano S, I already diversified my investment in other crypto coins. As The cryptocurrency world exponentially evolving now, The Ledger wallet team keep adding support for more crypto coins.
All Cryptocurrencies Supported By Ledger Wallet
- Bitcoin (BTC): No need to write. The Ledger was first designed for storing Bitcoin. Must be in your Crypto Folio.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): The Ledger was the first hardware wallet that made it easy for Bitcoin holders to claim there free Bitcoin Cash. It should have 10% place in your Crypto Folio.
- Ethereum (ETH): The Ledger supports Ethereum. Ethereum is a substantial investment, and it should be a large part of your crypto Folio. I feel ETH has the potential to cross every milestone.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC): The Ledger also supports Ethereum Classic (ETC). This is a forked version of ETH.
- Litecoin (LTC): LTC is alternatively known as the sister of bitcoin. LTC price moved up 2000% year to date, So having 13-14% in your portfolio is not a bad move.
- Dash (DASH): I feel Dash has a great future considering they have a powerful team, excellent marketing strategy, and most importantly, a usable currency. I would suggest that 20% of your portfolio should reserve for Dash
- Zcash (ZEC): Zcash is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency. It’s a decent investment, but I wouldn’t suggest putting more than 3% in your crypto folio.
- Ripple (XRP): For a long-term store of XRP, the Ledger is an ideal choice. It should be in your folio but not more than 2%.
- Stratis (STRAT): Stratis is a potential cryptocurrency with a great development team and a bright future.
- NEO (GAS & NEON Wallet too): Also known as Chinese Ethereum. It is rebranded from Antshares. It should be in your folio but not much.
- Bitcoin Gold: A recent Hardforked coin form Bitcoin. Ledger wallet is first HD wallet company to support Bitcoin Gold, and You can claim you free BTG here.
- Komodo (KMD)
- Expanse (EXP)
- Stealthcoin (XST)
- Dogecoin (DOGE): Though you can store Doge in your ledger, I personally think, It is a useless coin and have not practical use.Subscribe our push notification; I will let you know if some major changes happen.
- HashCoin (HSR)
- ERC 20 Token: The most ICOs are made through this version. Many People have one question i.e. Is ERC 20 token Supported by ledger nano s, and The Answer is YES But Through Myetherwallet, I will write a Tutorial on this Soon.
So Here is the List of all supported cryptocurrencies by ledger nano s and ledger blue. If you want to convert your Bitcoin/Ethereum to any other cryptos for a reasonable fee and faster process use Our Convert Cryptocurrency Page. You can buy your ledger nano s and ledger blue from the Official website with this link.
I will update this list as Ledger keeps increasing its support for new cryptocurrencies. See Below Playlist so You can learn the basic of Ledger Nano S.
Latest posts by Jatin (see all)
- Vision Industry Token ( VIT) – Everything You Need to Know - November 18, 2018
- Plaza System Review: Designed for Commerce - October 12, 2018
- Sapien: A Decentralize Platform That Pays: Everything You Want to Know - October 5, 2018