In this article, we will discover the nine best large-cap coins to invest in 2021. Those who don’t have any idea about the term “cap” and specifically “large-cap,” then allow me to brief you on that first quickly. Cap is nothing but an informal word for market capitalization. Market capitalization is a metric that is used in measuring the real market value of a crypto asset. Market capitalization is categorized into three categories:
- Large Cap
- Medium Cap
If you are one of the regular followers of cryptocurrencies who like to keep an eye on the crypto prices, then you must have checked out coinmarketcap at least once in your life. All the coins and tokens on this website are classified into the above-mentioned categories.
Since we are targeting large-cap coins in this article, let’s crack that bubble first. All those crypto assets that have gained market capitalization value exceeding $400 million falls under the category of large-cap coins. The nine best large-cap coins to keep your eye on are:
Polkadot is a proof-of-stake (POS) based blockchain network and a serious competitor of the Ethereum network. You might not know, but the fact is that it was developed by the co-founder of Ethereum- Gavin Wood. Interesting right? The development community of Polkadot claims to fix the scalability and interoperability issues of Ethereum.
There is no doubt in the fact that Polkadot has emerged as the most popular substitute to Ethereum in terms of DeFi investment opportunities. Another fact is that in just three months, from September 2020 to November 2020, almost 19% of the DeFi projects built on Polkadot have been successful in receiving the funds. Now let’s talk about numbers.
- DOT’s market capitalization value stands at $14.7 billion as of January 2021.
- DOT has become the fourth-largest token in terms of market capitalization.
Have a look at this market capitalization chart to understand the growth pattern of Polkadot-
Top Reasons to Invest in Polkadot
If you are thinking to make an investment in this asset, then it would be a great decision, and here are some reasons why-
DOT has observed a massive capitalization surge in a very short duration.
- It is a web 3.0 platform for blockchain interoperability that makes it easy to create sidechains in just minutes via the Substrate Network.
- It functions on decentralized governance giving voting powers to the owners of DOT.
- Super Scalable and There are already many projects ready to release on the DOT ecosystem
Nexo is a revolutionary blockchain concept set on an agenda to expand the horizon and use of cryptocurrencies beyond the means of investment. Until now, the scope of surging the wealth in cryptocurrencies was very limited. The users were left with the sole option to sell their holdings once the tokens jumped up in value. However, things have changed now because Nexo offers the users the power to execute Loan against crypto holdings instead of selling them. This has unlocked a lot of earning potential for the traders and investors.
The users can deposit the accepted coins like Bitcoin, Ether, or Litecoin, etc., as collateral for receiving a dynamic floating loan in the form of stablecoin. NEXO is the native token of the Nexo blockchain ecosystem, and when locked in its own platform, it provides the users with a lot of benefits like –
- Discounts on the interest outstanding on the loans.
- Opportunity to earn interest payments on the funds submitted.
- Opportunity to earn dividends from Nexo’s profit.
NEXO is a promising token, and the same can be justified with the help of these little insights shared below:
- The market capitalization value stands at $1,905,371,384 as of January 2021.
- It Paid 9.5M US$ as Dividends within this 2.5 years of commencement.
- It has 4Billion+ assent under management
Top Reasons to Hold NEXO
There are some exciting reasons that you can check to know why making an investment in NEXO could be a good idea.
- Buy Holding NEXO one can get 25% more Intrest in your holdings
- If you hold 10% of your total portfolio in Nexo then you will pay 50% less interest
- It Pays 30% of the profit as a dividend every year at least.
- The first crypto based Credit card, Nexo Exchange and Banking License are in the pipeline just think about what will happen to the price once those are done.
Chainlink is a decentralized oracle network developed in the year 2017 by the developers at SmartContract Chainlink Limited. The company launched its ICO and was successful in raising around $32 million. The crypto coins that operate in the Chainlink network are known as LINK. It is the digital asset ERC-20 token used to pay node operators. The prime objective of Chainlink is to connect blockchain technology-based smart contracts with real-world applications.
The objective of Chainlink to bridge the gap between smart contracts and blockchain unlocks a lot of opportunities and overcomes one biggest limitation. The limitation is that blockchain networks and smart contracts connect and share data from their own networks. So this is where Chainlink hops in and establishes a bridge. Chainlink project serves a network of nodes that depends upon oracles to enable smart contracts for perfect interoperability with the help of off-chain data sources. As a result, the project is now able to help multiple domains like bank payments, event data, and market data expand their capabilities.
Now, let’s talk about some numbers first and decide their potential.
- LINK market capitalization value stands at $8.5 billion as of January 2021.
- LINK has become the ninth-largest token in terms of market capitalization.
Top Reasons to Invest in LINK
LINK can be a great investment opportunity to leverage. Let’s check some quick facts about this token that justifies this statement.
- Chainlink provides important services to public blockchains as well as businesses to offer them enhanced flexibility for developers.
- Node providers possessing a large quantum of LINK have a high-probability of being rewarded with larger contracts thus putting buying pressure.
- Another notable thing about Chainlink is that it has established a strategic partnership with Google Cloud. The objective of the partnership is to help Google Cloud users for easy access to Chainlink for connecting with BigQuery, which is an extensively popular Google cloud service in existence.
- Chainlink has established partnerships with other notable names also such as Intel, Oracle, T-Systems, and many more.
- Chainlink project has emerged as one of the most extensive and dedicated communities in the world of crypto.
You can also check out the below-market chart to decode the growth potential of LINK:
Cosmos is a project aimed at solving one of the most complex problems prevailing in the blockchain ecosystem – the proof-of-work (POW) mechanism. The POW protocol is unreliable because it has some serious limitations like limited scalability, weak security, energy inefficiency, transaction confirmation latency, high-costs, etc. Cosmos intends to erase and scrub these off by allowing seamless data exchanges in-between different blockchains. Some other objectives of this project include rendering blockchain technology less complex for the development teams.
Cosmos project dates back to the year 2014 when an important contributor to the network named Tendermint was incorporated. A white paper for Cosmos was published and circulated in the year 2016. An ICO was also held the very next year. In today’s date, Cosmos has traveled a long path to accomplish its objective of establishing interoperability and scalability in the blockchain ecosystem to make it reliable, fast, and secure. All of it has been made possible with the deployment of –
- Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol.
- Inter-Blockchain Communication protocol.
Its native coin ATOM is an attractive investment option for you to expect beneficial returns. Let’s have a look at some numbers.
- ATOM’s market capitalization value stands at $1.7 billion as of January 2021.
- The total supply of ATOM tokens is 260,906,513, to be specific.
- ATOM is ranked twenty-fifth largest token in terms of market capitalization.
Top Reasons To Invest in ATOM
ATOM can be a good part of your investment portfolio. Let’s have a look at some of the facts that verify this statement-
- Cosmos has made it possible to allow blockchain apps to achieve scalability to more than a million users via horizontal as well as vertical scalability solutions.
- Cosmos makes use of a proof-of-stake (POS) mechanism that renders the network more secure for the users. The transaction verification also becomes easy.
- The ICO price of ATOM was $ 0.10, and today, it trades at $8.17. This reflects the confidence of the traders on this coin.
- You can add ATOM to your portfolio by purchasing it from major cryptocurrency exchanges like Binance, Huobi Global, Kraken, etc.
EGLD/eGold is a native coin of Elrond, an extensively popular blockchain project aimed to provide exceptionally fast transaction speed with the help of sharding. It is not wrong to understand this project as an entirely new technological environment for the internet, which includes:
- Internet of Things
- Decentralized Finance
You might not believe it, but Elrond’s smart contract execution platform is capable of processing 15000 transactions every second with only 6-second latency. Moreover, every transaction costs just a meager amount of $0.001.
As far as EGLD goes, it is used as a medium for the payment of network fees, staking, and to reward the validators. The coin was announced in August 2019, and its mainnet went live for the users in July 2020. They were co-founded by two brothers, viz. Beniamin and Lucian Mincu, along with Lucian Todea in late 2017, Elrond and EGLD have come a long way to fulfill the objective of optimizing blockchain for enhanced scalability.
EGLD is a well-performing token and can prove to be a valuable component of your investment portfolio. Let’s check out some stats –
- The market capitalization value stands at $790,407,665 as of January 2021.
- The total supply of EGLD tokens is 16,763,190, to be specific.
Top Reasons To Invest in EGLD
The above two quantitative figures just provide a glance at the healthy financial picture of EGLD. There are some more reasons we can explore to understand why EGLD could be a good option –
- EGLD is a highly scalable ecosystem because it is the first blockchain network that has packed state, network, and transactions sharding all under a single roof.
- The network operates on 2,169 validator nodes divided into four shards (three execution shards that can process 5400 transactions every second and one coordination shard) that helps to optimize the blockchain network.
- The project has high adoption and expansion possibilities because it supports developers to build the platform in a unique way. It allows the developers to earn 30% of the smart contract fees in the form of royalties.
- Elrond has a strong Dev team and Backed by some top Companies which increase its credibility, thus its a long term project and make it one of the great coin to invest.
VeChain (VET) is a blockchain platform based on supply chain management. It was launched in the year 2016 with an objective to the club and utilized distributed governance and IoT technology so that an ecosystem can be developed capable of solving some of the major problems with the power of supply chain management. The platform makes use of two in-house tokens, i.e., VTHO and VET, for managing and developing value through its VeChainThor public blockchain.
This objective aims to surge the efficiency and transparency of supply chain management while decreasing the costs and providing more control to the individual users. VET has covered a long path, and the same can be observed in the performance charts. Let’s check out some numbers –
- The market capitalization value stands at $1,905,371,384 as of January 2021.
- The total supply of VET tokens is 64,315,576,989, to be specific.
- VET is ranked twenty-fourth largest token in terms of market capitalization.
Top Reasons to Invest in VET
Apart from such a large amount of VET tokens in circulation and a market capitalization in billions, there are many other reasons that make VET a good investment choice. Let’s have a look at some of the top reasons why.
- VeChain is unique because the organization intends to move up the blockchain environment with the help of supply chain management.
- By Holding VET one will earn VTHO tokens, which are used for the transaction within the network. As the network grows more VTHO required so it will put pressure to hold VET to get VTHO free, this make buying pressure on VET, and the Price of VET will upward for sure then.
- From its inception, VeChain partnered with some of the biggest brands.
- VET tokens can push value across the blockchain and activate smart contracts.
Cardano is one of the biggest POS (proof-of-stake) based blockchain platforms (non-profit) inspired to achieve the goal of helping innovators and visionaries to create a positive global ecosystem. It is an open-source project set on an objective to re-assign the powers from unaccountable bodies to the crypto traders’ margin. In simple words, Cardano wants to develop a world where transactions are secure, transparent, and fair.
The crypto coins that run in the Cardano network are known as ADA. Its ADA token has been developed to make sure that the crypto-owners can easily participate in the network operations. As a result of this, users holding the crypto assets shall gain the right to punch their votes on the changes proposed for the betterment of the platform.
Cardano is popular for many reasons. Not just because of its POS-based architecture but the fact that every technology developed by it goes under peer-reviewed research so that the proposed ideas can be properly analyzed before getting validated. Now, let’s talk about numbers.
- ADA market capitalization value stands at $10.9 billion as of January 2021.
- ADA has become the sixth-largest token in terms of market capitalization.
Top Reasons to Invest in Cardano
If you believe that making an investment in Cardano would be a good choice, then you are right. Here are some top reasons why you should go with Cardano:
- Cardano is investing a lot of resources in a very strong engineering team as well as a scientific approach to grab every growth opportunity.
- Cardano is secured through Ouroboros, which is an environmentally sustainable as well as verifiably secure protocol.
- A Strong Dev Team and Community is its strongness.
There are diverse DApps and smart contracts made on the Cardano blockchain.
The market study of the ADA coin performance has reflected that it has a bright scope of climbing to the upper steps of the ladder.
Have a look at this market chart to understand the growth potential of ADA:
AAVE (formerly known as ETHLend) is a popular decentralized finance protocol that allows users to lend and borrow cryptocurrencies. Lenders registered on AAVE protocol can earn interest by making deposits of their crypto assets to specially developed liquidity pools. The borrowers can utilize their digital assets as collateral to qualify for a flash loan. Aave offers the crypto holders with the discounted fees and also serves as a governance token so that the users can have the right to submit their contributions and suggestions for the future development of the AAVE protocol.
Let’s check out why the native token of the protocol, i.e., AAVE, is considered as one of the best large-cap coins to invest in:
- The market capitalization value stands at $3,412,967,126 as of January 2021.
- The total supply of NEXO tokens is 12,286,393, to be specific.
Top Reasons to Invest in AAVE
There are multiple reasons for you to make an investment in AAVE because it has a lot of USPs. Let’s check a few of them –
- AAVE has been labeled as one of the biggest projects during the summer season of 2020 in terms of the total value of cryptocurrency stored in its protocol.
- AAVE project allows the users to borrow as well as lend in 20 cryptocurrencies approx. This unlocks a wide range of opportunities for the users.
- Flash loans are one of the flagship products of AAVE, which has also been termed as the first uncollateralized loan option in the world of DeFi.
- The open-source protocol of AAVE is built on Ethereum, which is under the transition phase from the POW model to the POS model.
Uniswap is an extensively popular decentralized trading protocol set to promote automated trading of DeFi tokens. Uniswap released an automated market maker back in the year 2018, but it started gaining traction recently, all because of the DeFI concept and rise in Dex token trading. There is no doubt in the fact that Uniswap has come very close to its objective of automating token trading. Anyone who holds the Ethereum Token in his/her wallet can come and leverage what Uniswap protocol has got to offer.
Not to forget the fact that it has improved the trading efficiency in comparison to the traditional exchanges. Solving the liquidity issues with the help of automated solutions has been the feather in the hat of Uniswap as it rescued a lot of decentralized exchanges. The platform went to the next level in September 2020 when it developed its native token UNI in favor of the users of this protocol. UNI has added a lot in terms of profitability for its users and has turned out to be an unimportant piece of decentralized entities.
Let’s check and analyze some number to witness how UNI has been making some vital contributions:
- The market capitalization value stands at $4,272,659,299 as of January 2021.
- The total supply of NEXO tokens is 289,186,591, to be specific.
Top Reasons to Invest in UNI
There are various reasons why you should go with UNI as a reliable large-cap coin to invest in. Let’s have a look –
- Uniswap is more than just a decentralized exchange as it also aims to solve the liquidity issues experienced by the platforms.
- The automation of market making has made it possible for Uniswap to limit the risk and reduce the cost for all the parties.
- The architecture of Uniswap eliminates identity management for the users, which means that anyone having the tokens can create the liquidity pool.
- Since Uniswap is publicly owned and maintains a self-sustained architecture, it has made sure to defend its autonomous qualities.
That wraps up this article, and I hope that you find the nine best large-cap coins to invest in 2021 interesting. To purchase any of these coins, you will need to sign up on the major exchanges and follow the important tips to print money on the crypto market. If you have some suggestions or doubts, then please feel free to share them in the comments section below.
- How To Use ERC-20 Tokens In Ledger Nano Hardware Wallet - March 21, 2021
- Top 9 Medium Cap Coins To Invest in 2021 - February 8, 2021
- 9 Best Large Cap Coins To Invest in 2021 - January 31, 2021
- 1. POLKADOT
- 2. NEXO
- 3. CHAINLINK
- 4. COSMOS
- 5. EGLD
- 6. VET
- 7. CARDANO
- 8. AAVE
- 9. UNI